Pages

Friday, July 07, 2006

Introduction

Jesus’ Guide
Written by: Danny Blas





The Path to Happiness

“It is not the greatness of the act of disobedience that constitutes sin, but the fact of variance from God’s expressed will in the least particular, for this shows that there is yet communion between the soul and sin. We cannot disregard on word, however trifling it may seem to us, and be safe. There is not a commandment of the law that is not for the good and happiness of man, both in this life and in the life to come. In obedience to god’s law, man is surrounded as with a hedge and kept from evil.”

-Family Heritage Books (The Law of Liberty)






Introduction

Life. Existence. Being. Living. What is to live? What is to breath? We are the dust of the Earth, able to walk, speak, think and love through the breathe that which came through His mouth. What gives us life, what gives us being; no, Who gives us life, Who gives us being? The very embodiment of the True God of the Heavens is in us, through the Breathe of Life; He subsides in you, he subsides in me, He subsides in all of the souls in the Earth. We are able to willingly and freely worship Him who architected our soul into His image. In the beginning, since the beginning, He has a plan, He has a will, He has a way, let thy will be done.

My Purpose

It is my desire, my will, and the Lord’s will for me to follow the narrow road and unto the presence of God. It is a big step for me to write this small guide, as I’m not the greatest writer in the world. But I am sure He will give the right words to speak and write. The sole purpose of this book is to glorify the Lord’s name and bring many of those who not yet know the Lord, unto the Foot of the Cross. In this guide you will find many topics in which I found critical in truly worshipping and following God. We must be faithful unto Him who gave us life; therefore it is only true for us to worship Him the way that He wills it.

I Believe

I believe that there is a true way of worship, a true way to follow God. I believe that there is a day, that which He set apart and sanctified, for our rest, our daily bread, for our spiritual rest. I believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, that He came down here in the flesh, and gave up His life for our sake. He DIED; He DIED for US, so that we may YET LIVE, and have eternal life through Him who DIED and ROSE for US. Through Jesus we have life, for he is the BRIDGE unto the Kingdom of Heaven, there is no other path to God, unless it is through Jesus Christ. So worship Him, who gave you life, who showed you mercy, so that you may yet live.

My Story, Our Story

It’s inconceivable how God works. How He makes things happen, how He turns something bad, into something better. How He changes you into ways you thought impossible. When you think you’ve seen it all, you’ve thought wrong; this is how I felt when I converted and gave my life unto the God of the Heavens, who truly reigns, who truly lives. This happened to me, this is what happened to us; what we thought impossible was possible unto God. This is my story, this is our story. Listen well…


It began

“Jesus is coming soon, Jesus is coming soon!” This was the outcry of a foul woman at the exit of the Miami-Dade train subs station at Dade-Land. My Mother looked in awe at this woman for it wasn’t the first time she’s heard her outcry, in fact it has been several times she has been yelling “Jesus is coming soon, Jesus is coming soon!” But there was something different this time, something that has touched her heart in a way that made her change the way she thought of this woman; “She’s out of her mind,” she usually thought:

“Ismael, do you see this woman?” Mother says.
My Father replies, “Yeah, I see her?”
“Don’t you notice anything different?”

They left this situation as it was and shrugged that matter as another “Out of her mind” thought, but my Mother new there was something different, something that changed her thoughts. The next time my Mother headed out the subway station she met the very same woman, but something different happened this time, this time the woman walks towards my Mother’s face and says “Jesus is coming soon, Jesus is coming soon!” My Mother was frightened at first, but at that very same moment she felt a sense of emptinence, as if something was missing from her heart. This was it, this was the moment when my Mother finally found the missing piece of her heart, Jesus.

The search

Immediately, my Mother began to search, began to search for the truth. She finally sat down and began to read and search for the truth. She often searched the internet for some guidance, some direction some way where she can listen unto the word of God; and then, God brought her something wonderful, something that will quench and satisfy her hunger for the word. She ran upon this internet website at: www.3abn.org. It’s incredible how He works, how He brings things upon your feet, certain troubles to make you realize, that He’s not so far away, as you may think. My Mother, for the first time in long time, began to pray, and pray, and pray. Then she thought “I found something wonderful that I must share with my family!” That’s when we all came into the picture, my brother Samuel, my sister Raquel, my Father Ismael.

The Struggle

It was difficult, I can say, because my Mother tried, tried very hard. She began to reteach the Word; but we were unwilling, we were in the world. We did not know what truly meant to worship God. We wanted to, we acknowledged His presence, and yet we did not want to know Him. But I believe that each and every one of us went through individual lessons unto which God Himself prepared for us. I cannot say what they went through, but I will say that He won. He did it, he convinced us.

One thing I learned is that God is stubborn. When He wants it His way, it shall be done. So, WE SEARCHED TOGETHER. We began to go to church once again, we went to the Kendall Spanish Seventh-Day Adventist church every Saturday, and we gave tithe, and we became members, we began to resemble the character of Christ. But there was something else that we did not yet consider, Baptism. We were baptized once before, but for so long away from His word needed another baptism, another commitment with God.

God’s Plan Becomes Clearer

Now God had another plan for us, one so unexpected, that it could only be planned by God. My brother received in his e-mail an invitation to the Lonnie Melashenko prophecy seminar at Miami Temple Seventh-Day Adventist Church. Now this was unexpected, for how did anyone know his e-mail address. We were quite surprised; so we took it as a sign from God and went to this seminar and headed to the Melashenko Prophecy Seminar.

We caught it almost at the beginning, and from there on we went to each one. We studied His word and we learned; and then it finally came, the moment of truth, the moment when we had the chance and opportunity to give up our lives and commit it to the Lord Almighty, Baptism. We all made the same decision all over again, but this time we did it with our hearts. We signed our names on the card for a second baptismal, and without delay we received a call from Miami Temple; a pastor asked my Mother if she wanted to be baptized.

My words are few, for it is difficult for me to describe our deepest feelings during this moment of truth; for this was it, Jesus asked us to marry Him and we said YES.

The very next day at the seminar, we, the Blas Family of five, baptized on February 25, 2005; this is how we became Seventh-Day Adventists and members of Miami Temple Seventh-Day Adventist Church.

Conclusion

We were Christians, once; we were raised in the message, as were my Mother. We were children of God; we were Seventh-Day Adventists, for many years of our lives. But what went wrong, what happened, what evil scheme did satan plot against us, against the children of God, whom He loves so much. It’s incredible at how when you are brought up in the message, it’s twice as easy and effortless to resist the word of God, and to want something other than the bread of life. This was us, this is how we thought, we thought that there was something better rather than going to church, something greater other than worshipping God, but we were wrong.

I think of the way Jesus sees us, how he sees me, in His eyes; how wretched and evil I am, how miserable and shameful was I through the eyes of God. But one thing is for sure, God came down from the Kingdom of Heaven and gave his blood so that I, a pitiful sinner, am SAVED, through Him who lived, who died, who rose, and shall come again.

Praise the Lord, praise His name who is gentle, loving, merciful, and slow to anger. Praise the Lord for all that He endured through the ages of our sins, since the beginning.

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, praise the Lord, Amen.





“Love to Christ will be the spring of action. Those who feel the constraining love of God do not ask how little may be given to meet the requirements of God. It is Christ first and last and always. He is to be with us, not only at the beginning and the end of our course, but at every step of the way.” - (The Law of Liberty, 29 and 31).


1 comment:

Tim jones spokane said...

If we only put these Words into our minds and hearts, I know everything will be well. No misery just a happy life.